SSGSS UE Online Learning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

read aloud and read silently

Go down

read aloud and read silently Empty read aloud and read silently

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:34 pm

i am not sure if you guys like to read aloud or read silently. i have heard some of you make your little speech today and i think basically you guys could express yourselves rather spontaneously. of course there is still some room for improvement, in terms of delivery.
when we look back at the english learning process, we chinese speakers didn't have too much chance to read aloud. it means when we read we can follow the meaning all right; however, the pronunciations of the words do not really register in our mind.
i will suggest that you guys do a little read aloud exercise EVERY DAY. just do it for 2 minutes a day. when you go over some english news, just read out the first few lines. if you run into some unfamiliar words you are not sure about the pronunciation, just guess the sounds of the words. don't check them out so fast as it will slow down the reading and kill the pleasure of reading.

remember to do it little by little, but every day.

tong

Admin
Admin

https://ssgssue.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum